For Music Lovers
All About Us
We Love Music
Paula and Joe acquired this Chilliwack record business from Classic Sound in March, 2020. We’ve been in the record business for many, many years. We met while working at Kelly’s Stereo Mart in the late ‘70’s - Joe was the National Record Buyer and Paula, his secretary. Fast forward to 2016 when we owned and operated Underground Music in Kelowna for 2.5 years.
We returned to the Lower Mainland to be near our family in 2019 and found retirement wasn’t ready for us yet. Karl at Classic Sound recently went with an online business model and we have taken over his space. We now sell affordable audio equipment.
The cornerstone of our business success has always been our relationship with our Customers. That is why Chilliwax Records will be working hard to ensure the communities of Chilliwack and the Fraser Valley have an enjoyable record shopping experience. Come share the love of music.
We promise to provide you with the best records for the best price.
Find My Record
Shopping for a specific album title?
Let us help!
We Sell Vinyl Records and more....
NEW and Vintage Vinyl
We make sure our customers’ musical needs are met by selling them great quality records.
From 60’s - 70's classic Rock, to Hip Hop and Metal, we’ve got something for everyone.
We have recently expanded our METAL section! Our Jazz and Blues are always being updated with new vinyl titles and used from incoming collections. We are pretty sure we have every soundtrack there is! Country? All the classics plus new country like Colter Wall, Morgan Wallen, Carrie Underwood....
Crooners and Divas, World, Grunge, Reggae, Comedy, Children's, Folk, Easy Listening, Classical....we have what you are looking for!
Posters? Huge selection of all the latest artists, movies and classics. We have decorated more walls in Chilliwack than Benjamin Moore! We also carry a great selection of pins and patches! Come check us out!
We love Special Orders! It is impossible for us to stock everything, but we do invite you Special Order something you would like us to bring in. No deposit required, but we ask that you pick your title up as quickly as possible when notified of its' arrival. If you are unable to pick up within a few days, we can arrange for prepayment by eTrans or credit card.
Also, we are at the mercy of our suppliers, so when we say it may take months for the item to arrive, we appreciate your patience as we all wait. Please consider that when we call to tell you your item is in and you 'already got it as a gift' or 'bought it somewhere else', it may be difficult for us to now sell your Special Order.
That being said, we learn from you! Some Special Orders become hot selling items as we often bring a copy in for ourselves when we see what we've been missing! Thank you for supporting our small business!
We Buy Records
We Pay Cash! (or eTransfer)
We buy full collections of any size
Do you have just a few albums or hundreds? Maybe you're spring cleaning or, (we feel your pain) downsizing? When you are ready to part with your collection, and want it to go to a good home, we'd love to take a look at it. Joe at Chilliwax is a courteous, professional and will look through your entire collection to get a good sense of the fair value.
We pay fair prices for your used, previously loved vinyl
If your collection is 100 or less, please pop into our store and we'll gladly take a look! If you have a large collection, we can arrange to make a house call to view your treasures.
Come Visit Soon
Tues - Sat: 10 am - 5:00 pm
Sun - Mon: NOON - 4:00 pm
Looking for the best music in the Fraser Valley and beyond?
Contact Chilliwax Records today to start playing!
45895 Wellington Avenue
Chilliwack, BC V2P 2C6
Links We Love
This is our personal list of links including sites we enjoy and use. We tried to categorize it so you can easily click on a link and go directly there. If you would like to be added to our list, contact us!
Chilliwax Choices - our local friends
* Classic Sound - Karl is our roomie and he has an incredible range of electronics for the audiophile and budget conscious alike. Additionally, he can service your turntable back to its original glory.
* Downtown Chilliwack - The investment The City of Chilliwack has made into the redevelopment of the downtown core has been historic! So many improvements and new neighbours since we've been open!
* Downtown Chilliwack BIA - The BIA is helping to improve the commercial environment of our neighbourhood!
* Trevor MacDonald - This passionate and talented fellow is Chilliwack's Mr. Entertainment! We can't wait to work with Trevor.
* Star 98.3 - Chilliwack's best choice for Classic Rock
* Fraser Valley News - If it's a Hot Topic, Don's on it!
* Chilliwax Records - Your only choice for records in the Fraser Valley!
* Discogs Canada - 'The most comprehensive, interactive public music database in the world'
* Record Store Day Canada - Record Store Day is a day that celebrates independent record stores all over the world!
* Popsike - What albums 'sold for' on auction sites
* Jazz Discography Project - A collector's guide to Jazz Music
* NPR Music - Not just a great source for new music and news, but home to the Tiny Desk Concerts - LOVE!
* The Music Express Canada - Since 1976, an informative source on Canadian Music
* Absolute Underground - Absolutely your best source for Punk, Hardcore and Metal in BC
* FYI Music News - A Journal about Canada's Music Industry
* Bob Masse - A Canadian artist from British Columbia. Masse has been designing concert posters since the 1960s. We carry these beauties!
* Underground Music - We used to own this store! We love these guys
* Crazy Fish Artworks - Master Artist Chuck Nelson not only designed our logo, but he does band posters too!
Music and Dementia Documentary